Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lincoln and Slavery



So as we are reviewing the Civil War I was thinking about Lincoln and the issue of slavery.  And then I got to thinking about Obama and how his critics hammer on him for his abuse of Constitutional powers.  A thought occurred to me-how did people of Lincoln's generation view his use of war powers.  Was Lincoln's use of war powers constitutional?  I did some research and found a couple of sites that presented some interesting information dealing with Lincoln, war powers, and I also included the Lincoln-Douglass debates.  I find it interesting how Lincoln's view of slavery changed as the Civil War raged on.  Below are links that will help you better understand what I am talking about. 

a house divided

Lincoln-Douglass debates


No comments:

Post a Comment