Sunday, April 13, 2014

Flat Tax or Flat Tire

Flat tax or Flat Tire
The Debate: Flat or Progressive

Ok.  So we have been studying taxes and the different types.  A common question that comes up in my classes is why doesn't the United States just have a flat tax.  Of course we don't, we have a progressive tax but it never fails to amaze me that year in and year out that question comes up.  So there are of course many different thoughts and opinions on this but click on the link above and  read the article.  Some people say progressive taxes lead to unemployment.  Others argue that the rich should pay their share or that they should pay more.  I would like to know your stance on this topic and reasoning behind it.  I think over 300 words is enough to convince me of your position on this subject matter.  Please include a quote from the article so I know you read some of it and some details from the article that support your opinion.  Also click the link above that talks about some debatable points of view to help educate yourself further on the topic.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment